The Beginning of Something New
In accordance with ethical guidelines, what you discuss with Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery professional is kept confidential. Your written permission will be required to release information to other parties (i.e. spouse, family members, or outside institutions).
There are circumstances where information can be released without your consent or authorization. These include:
- If you are at risk of being a threat or danger to yourself, Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery is permitted to release information necessary for the purpose of your protection (such as contacting family members or seeking hospitalization)..
- If an immediate threat of physical violence against a readily identifiable victim is disclosed, Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery may take action, which may include notifying the potential victim(s), notifying the police, or seeking hospitalization.
- If abuse or harmful neglect of children, the elderly, or disabled/incompetent is known or reasonably suspected, Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery must file a report with the appropriate state agency.
- In the event a client decides to bring a malpractice suit against Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery, the client’s record will be admitted as evidence in court.
- In court proceedings a judge may require Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery’s testimony and client’s record if he/she determines this is necessary to resolve the issues before the court.
The laws concerning confidentiality can be quite complex. While Jennifer Emperador dba Sol Discovery is willing to discuss these matters with you, she is not an attorney. If you have specific legal questions, it is advised that you speak with an attorney.
© 2018 SOL Discovery
Design by Jennifer Conway
Call me to start your new beginning!
Call me at 602-502-0307
or email me from the Contact page.
Connection Means Everything
Are You Ready for Change?